Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So it wasn't a stomach bug, afterall!

Hello folks!
I tried to edit the poll to match what the two who voted for, but the software here would not let me because someone already voted! I might have been a bit hasty in putting it up there... Hmm. Multiple answers are also probably not the way to go, as the entire American perhaps worldwide education system has people often picking *one* answer, be it true/false, multiple choice, never mind short answer. I wonder if that form is even used anymore? Whatever...

I have been feeling a bit off lately, no matter what your answer, agreement or otherwise. I was thinking the past two weeks was a never ending bout of a stomach buggy. I could have not been more wrong, as apparently it is two lovely 1cm gall stones that have been irritating, even occasionally blocking and generally causing grief to me and, by proximity to me, causing grief to my household as well. Looks like I have earned, by merit of being so grumpy lately, the wonderful present of a cholecystectomy for Christmas! Woot. (And I say this in the most sarcastic tone possible.)

We have not decorated for the holiday yet. Probably should get on that soon. However! My son has these great big chenille pipecleaners that he has made gnome or elf costume, in the spirit of the season. He was having WAY too much fun with this!

3 comments:

  1. No more gallbladder, eh Jen? Enjoy the ice-cream and other fatty foods while you can! [oh wait... that would be too painful right now! Sorry :( ]

    If you were down at my facility, I could squeeze you in for the procedure in a couple hours! The OR staff & I are cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surgery date is set for tomorrow at noon. I am told I should be home by dinnertime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How went the surgery? Missing the fatty foods yet?? :(

    ReplyDelete