Sunday, December 21, 2008

Please excuse while I beam :)

So the adults in this household have been a bit "laid up" lately. It has been just a couple few weeks now...

On a different note, do you see the snow we received continuously over the past forty-eight hours?
Those snow banks aren't too small, eh? That fence is six feet tall and that is our minivan parked in the parking lot next to our house, mostly hidden by a similar snow bank. Some snow! And I have had nothing so far to do with the creation of these snow banks. And neither did Dan. How did they get that way, you ask? Well, let me tell you, please! My absolutely awesome children, Connor and Rael, made them! The past four days has seen them outside, shoveling in the near zero degree weather, shoveling, shoveling, shoveling. And, so far, amazingly, they are uncomplaining and diligent. Ok, excuse me - Oh my goodness, what wonderfully helpful children I have!! Ahem- pardon me, thank you for listening.
(Just so you don't think they are slaves or anything: Truly, the snow is fresh, light and fluffy. Gavin calls it sugar, which is actually quite heavier than the snow :) And the twins do not spend ore than a couple hours actually shoveling each day. And truth be told, they are pretty nearly there in moaning about it.)

Next is my snow-loving puppy, Samsam. He just *prances* in the snow. He reminds me of Snoopy with his happy dance!!
Lastly is a picture taken by the Gavinator of Sam rooting his nose around in the snow. You know, they both really love the cold weather!! It's too bad they have some form of sibling rivalry, I think.
Oh boy, we're going to have a very beautiful, white Christmas! I can only wonder what the snow situation is upstate, where we used to live...

4 comments:

  1. "Upstate, where you used to live"? I thought you were already upstate, Jen?? Anything north of Poughkeepsie is "upstate" from down here! LOL!!

    Looks like you guys will definitely have a white x-mas! (but isn't that pretty much a given every year?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend in Lake Clear reports 14", so not much more.

    It looks like I have to dig out our boots to visit this week. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you southern New Yorker, you, Joe A!! :) I do remember not having snow at Christmas when I was younger growing up in Poughkeepsie. Often we didn't get any until after the New Year. Even then it was usually gone by the end of February, unless some freak snow storm came by in April to dump a foot of snow -- which happened once during my sister's birthday party one year when something like ten kids were snowed in at our house. Oh my, that was oh so long ago...

    So, yes, brings the boots, snow pants, all the snow gear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much snow!!!

    We just just 1 day of snow in Belgium last month. Now it is cold and dry. It will be the same weather untill the first of January they say.

    Steven from Belgium

    ReplyDelete