Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's raining... and it's December in the North Country!

...and unusually warm too. Weird for December, really. It took all I could to get my youngest son to wear more than a zip-up hoody sweatshirt to work on his "mud farm" in the back yard. I tell you I just *love* that there is a great big hole, without grass I might add, smack dab in the middle in my back yard. We just got the front yard fairly green without having to water it for hours each day, now the back yard, on the other hand.... Having two large dogs and three children constantly stomping down the tender grass shoots. Hm, oh my - that is fourteen feet pitter-pattering! The grass has no chance! And the fact that it is behind a nice you-can't-look-through-it type fence makes it that much easier to say "I'll seed that patch in the Spring." Ah well. What a subject to digress on. :)

So tomorrow is my surgery. I am a bit nervous and hope I can sleep well. I am already thirsty just thinking about not having anything by mouth from midnight onward (especially water!).

Dan's currently finishing dinner by making a lower fat version of his most-delicious-potato-salad-in-the-world. Mmmm :) We can't even wait to eat it before it's cooled off! I started the pulled pork this morning in the crock pot. It is always so delicious, and could not be easier to make, too!

I'll let you know how the surgery goes as soon as I am feeling up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment