Friday, December 12, 2008

Feeling better than expected, yay!

Hello folks,
Now that I am home and moving around a bit more since the pain has lessened from the REAL gall bladder pain to just pain from being filled with the air from the surgery. Four lovely holes, one through the belly button, and three incisions for the scope and tools. I think they pulled the GB out through the belly button. That is the one the MD was most explanatory about in regards to post-operative care.
I arrived at the hospital at noon, and was brought into the operating room by 1:30pm. All the people at the Glens Falls Hospital are so wonderful. I had about en warm blankets on me in recovery since I was shivering uncontrollably. And I was given ice chips and small sips of cold water! It was so heavenly, even after only fourteen hours. Death by thirst would not be a way to go!
The boys stayed with Dan's mom while we were at the hospital. So that is where I was brought after being discharged. Dan went out to get my pain reliever rx filled, feed the pups and bun, and to get me something warm warm warmer to wear. Ahh. I laid down right away as I was still off feeling after the drive. I got this great non-nausea patch put behind my ear to prevent the awful reaction I usually get from narcotics (crazy dizziness and nausea). I get to see how that works after I remove it later today.

I would post a picture of the surgery site, except I think that it might really bother most. Aw heck here it is anyway... A photo taken just for YOU, my dedicated friends. It's not too bad, really, now is it? lol

5 comments:

  1. Actually, no, it doesn't look too bad at all! At least they got the right upper-quadrant area correct, and nothing else (like your spleen) was removed ;) Wish I could've been the tech to fluoro when they injected you full of contrast!

    Glad everything went smoothly, Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up here, they don't always inject unless there is a problem... I look bloated and stretched out. I FEEL bloated and stretched out too! Almost like a balloon was filled inside my abdomen -- well it was filled with CO2, you know...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember to drag out the recovery time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I'll be back to work for an overnight (time and a half pay) on Xmas eve 11pm until Xmas day 11am. I really hope that it's not too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look bloated and stretched out! Good thing the body has an amazing capacity to recover..usually... modern medicine, something else, eh?!!

    K

    ReplyDelete