Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas morning pics (I'm not done with this holiday yet!)

It was a great Christmas. I will not mention the fact that I arrived home late from work nearly two hours later than I should have...

Papa (aka my dad) came to visit in the evening. Here's the G man pretending to pull the pin on a grenade (So Dan's WWI and WWII lessons might be too detailed... d'ya think?)
Here's Gavin with his requested fake blood. He got a "medic kit" to go along with as well. Gotta love the expression of pain as he reaches the first aid kit *just* in time. lol
A self pic. I sure look tired. I had been up for 'only' twenty-nine hours at this point... By the time I was asleep it was after 9pm that night. But I had since received a NEW camera!! Oh the joy of a short delay between photos!! Thank you, my awesome Dan and boys!!
So we got lots of books. And GOOD books too! One of which is _The Dangerous Book for Boys_ (excellent, excellent). Others are _Sneakier Things to Do with Household Items_, also _Sneakiest Things..._ and _Backyard Ballisitics_ (potato gun, fire kite or tennis ball ballista anyone?!! Such fun planned for the Springtime!) Here's Dan reading one of the many Order of the Stick books we got. We now have a complete collection. But I think two (or even three) copies of each book would be better, as the fighting over who is reading which one, I cannot keep straight whatsoever...
The SamSamPjamPjam amongst all the wrappings! He appears to be happy with the box of doggy treats from my mom in law, eh? See, he's smiling!
Here's Gavin with his plastic army men set. It has airplanes, a helicopter, bunkers... He just loves it!
Ok here's the twins when they jsut opened their (our) OotS books.
Not too bad looking of a crew for Christmas morning, eh?!

3 comments:

  1. Jen, when did Steve grow his hair out so long?!! Wow, it has been a LOOOOONG time since I last saw your father!! He's really enjoying retirement, isn't he? :) Every time I think of him, I picture the Trooper uniform! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has been growing it out for quite awhile! I suspect he does it only b/c he can. LOL Also, I think he likes the 'crazy' retired-person look, too. (Hiya, Dad! How's it going?)

    Joe, wondering how you feel about a family of five crashing at your place for a night or two -- I would *love* to bring the boys to the Museum of Natural History, eat some dimsum, as well as see a great medieval embroidery exhibit before it moves along in April... What d'ya think? Eh, eh, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there's nothing wrong with the crazy retired-person look! I actually have that look right now! LOL!!

    April isn't looking good, Jen. I will be back in SF at that time. I'm already heading out there on my first trip of the year next week [I go every few weeks; it's basically my home base now]. Only reason I still have a foot in the proverbial NY door is because of the economy. Once I've got all things squared away in Cali, I'll be there for good :)

    ReplyDelete