Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas eve gathering report :)

To start, here's a pic of me and my youngest, Gavin.
And next is a photo one of my awesome sister in laws, Holly.
And here is her husband and Dan's oldest brother, Mark, who I think excels at making faces for the camera. (no, really, I don't think I have a picture of him *without* making a face! :)
And now my Connorbug! Look at how long his blond locks are getting...Rael is munching on gummy candy before dinner. Green, white and clear gummy rings -- what better appetizer for Christmas, eh? :)
And the little man Gavin eating candy before dinner as well...
I could not get a good picture of Hannah -- she would cannily turn away from the camera just in time EVERY time! I got some very nice pictures of her gorgeous hair, though... :)
Here are they guys, Dan and Pete, in the TV room. You could probably substitute this photo for any Superbowl, Thanksgiving or Easter gathering. lol We're so lucky to have so many here, so often, able to gather together...!
And now here's my father in law and nephew, Ethan. Ethan, at the age of 17, has already flown solo in an airplane. Go, Ethan!
My mom in law, Claudette, and my dad at the dessert bar. There was apple, tiramisu. Yummm, tiramisu, thank you, Claudette!
And another picture of Hannah's shiny long hair. She was very good at dodging the camera!But not goo enough ;) My perseverance paid off! :)
Shortly after the thoroughly enjoyable family gathering and gift exchange, I had to work at 11pm, that is, on Christmas eve. This tradition is one that is as looked forward to as Christmas morning to me and mine. It was just lovely seeing everyone enjoying themselves, eating all the delicious food until we rolled out the door for home.

The day's weather was frightful indeed: the rain made everything slick with an inch of ice. I wish I had not cleared the sidewalk of the last bit of snow, let me tell ya, as at least that last bit would have given some sort of traction, instead of the ice covered concrete as slippery as heck. Well, I was quite worried that it would be a very busy evening, as a result, with all the falls and mvas, that also result...

So there were more than a few patients from falls, but that was a result of imbibing too much of the liquid holiday cheer, not form the weather. I was up all night, either way, and my shift-relief came in an hour late, so I arrived home by 1pm.

Amazingly, my kids STILL in their bedroom when I arrived home. Upon their awakening (Dan gave them breakfast, they went to the potty), they remained out of sight of the living room -- so they had not seen any gifts upn my so-late-arrival yet!

They "wanted to wait until I got home." How so very sweet and thoughtful is that?! You're probably tired how hearing just how awesomely thoughtful I think my kids are... Oh, tough patooties, then, you'll probably hear lots more before long :D

I hope you enjoyed your holiday. I hope it was happy!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment