Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We went to the Great Escape today

We got season passes to the Great Escape and try to go as often as the kids will let us. I say it is their call, because we would like it to be fun fun fun. Too much of a good thing gets tiring and not fun for my kids. Dan and I would like to go perhaps separately, to go on some of the crazier rides. But without children? -what kind of terrible parents are we?!!

Do you remember Storytown? The little houses are still there -- that is surprising, especially with all of the renovations and large commercial rides/themes they are constantly adding (Looney Tunes Town or Wiggles World anyone?)



These small houses still seem to be exciting fun for little ones! That I am happy to relate.

The three second delay on my camera could not catch the prime photo ops of such energetic and enthusiastic children in these tiny houses... My three boys and a friend here waiting for my camera to catch up to their antics.



Below is Dan spouting religiosity to a very amused Connor. If only you could have heard us laughing!! Dan can really get Connor going! I would relate some of it here, but do not want to upset anyone. Sorry!



BTW this is the only house that Dan and I could comfortably stand up in.

And here is the gang in the town tavern. Pretending to play with the glued checker board.



I tried to get Gavin in the doorway of the blacksmith shop. That three second delay, I tell you...!



Overall it was an exhausting day running from tiny house to tiny house and then to the farthest part of the park for the water rides. Gosh the walking, more walking and then waiting in line. We did have fun with the tubes, water slides and silliness while waiting in lines.

We were going to go again tomorrow, but the unanimous no's from the children and the dog days of Summer has made relaxing around the house the order of the day (that means I do the ever-increasing laundry and trim the oh-so-out-of-control grass in the back yard)! No rides and excitement? Who's kids are these anyway? :D

I spent part the morning helping Connor to solder the capacitor, diode, voltage trigger and transistor onto what will eventually be a solar-powered robot, called a "solar speeder." Later this evening we'll start a fire to burn some of the mountain of wood we have in the backyard. Or perhaps go to a festival in downtown GF. I hear there are fireworks!! That's great free entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment