Friday, August 29, 2008

Day two at Hampton Beach

Hey! I went to Maine yesterday to visit someone!



Nooo... Well, OK, I did see Spence, but I really went to see my excellent friend Kris and her newest little one, Bear.



Isn't he so sweet? At the age of six weeks, he's so tiny and demanding. Eat. Sleep. "Hey, Mommy, you always need to hold me, that's all I want you to do!" :) Since I am fairly well rested, I think that's SO adorable. Ah, I remember those days...



I drove the nearly two hours north into Maine to visit, and it was a very easy ride too. It was SO very nice to not only see and visit Kris, but to be able to talk too...! I miss living so close, but we still, somehow, manage to see each other every few months (it's still not often enough). It was a very nice visit, and somehow Kris managed to make a delicious meal of pulled pork with ice cream for dessert! She's already a Super Mom!

It was just after dusk when I arrived back to the beach house (ahh, that can sound so Hampton-ey. "Dah-ling, I'll meet you at the beach house..."). Just in time to go - once again - to the arcade with even more than our regular three kids in tow -- no worries, it's all good! More kids does not necessarily mean more chaos, just more interesting conversation, more friends to keep them all occupied. I just need to keep the latest number in my head. You see, whenever we are out and about, it's usually "1, 2,3" then "1,2,3" (I'm counting the kids :) "1,2... OK who's missing?" Well, last night and today it was "1,2,3,4,5"!! Once you as parents are outnumbered by kids, it's all attitude on your part to keep them "in line." LOL

Below are the three nine-year-olds playing SEGA Genesis - remember that game system? I guess my pack-rat-ness has paid off once in awhile. The games are quite interesting: Toejam and Earl, Sonic and Knuckles... Even the adults don't mind playing the games, especially since the controllers only have the 'two button' technology :) Remember Atari? One button and a joystick?!



Gavin has a friend across the street named Preston or PJ.
He is my sister-in-law's sister's son, and they are two peas in a pod, or can't you tell?



Another self shot of me and Dan - it's the only way I can actually be in a picture usually!



Last,but not nearly least, one of the best reasons to be all of us, the family, together at a vacation house at the beach...! Snuggle time with Grandpa, right before beddie-boo time!!



Now we're off to the beach!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment