Friday, August 22, 2008

Shhh! Don't wake the DRAGON!!!

Sometimes we have a baby red dragon who sleeps in our living room. Oh the stories he tells of far-off and far-away places he has traveled, even at such a tender young age!



Even for a tiny, young dragon, he has might and knowledge far beyond the capability of our fleeting human lives. Upon being awoken, this red dragon hesitates, possibly thinking about what to do with this larger human with a camera. (He may also be confused with an earlier dress-up game where blue Celt face paint was the order of play?)



Upon making his decision, no one shall pass.



Ho! What is that?! A warrior has come to challenge the mighty red dragon! This warrior is so fleet and fast on his feet that my lens (and it's lovely three second delay) cannot catch the fatal moment!



Oh! The dragon has been stuck in the neck by a samurai sword! That is possibly very fatal to our house dragon! What shall we do? A magical sword is the only way to defeat such a mighty red dragon, despite it's young age (as it is much older than all of our human ages added together!)!



Ah! Luck be praised! It was NOT a magical sword and the damage, although seemingly deep and deadly, was merely a slight scratch!



And so the delighted dragon does a happy dance :)

4 comments:

  1. Is that the sword of Connor McCloud, of the Clan McCloud? ;)

    (Do as I say, woman!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still like that movie, Joe!?! And was that sword magical?

    (Now, that is not the same as "do as I say, not as I do," right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hey, it's a kinda magic" ;)

    STILL like that movie?! I LOVE that movie!! It shares the top spot with 2 other films as my FAVOURITE of all time!! I could almost quote the entire movie, line for line, I've seen it so many times! A true movie classic!! :D

    (Incidently, I x-rayed "Ramirez" one day at work. Yes, SEAN CONNERY! What a cool guy!! :D )

    ReplyDelete
  4. And BTW, the reason I put that quote ("Do as I say, woman!") in my first post was as an homage to the ex-boyfriend of yours [back during HS days, I believe] who used to always say that line from the movie to you! Man, has your memory really eroded that much over the years, Jen?!?!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete