Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pics as promised of Pennsic (and prior)

Yep, love the 'literation (ok, that should be alliteration, but poetic license, ya know?)!!

OK. I've unloaded the pics and there are sadly too few to even remotely indicate the fun and extent of the two weeks spent in the middle of a Pennsic town of nearly 11,000 people. But luckily I do have some pics of our visit to Rochester, playing hide and seek in the park near our friend's house.



Here Rael is helping Gavin be "it." That tree is home base. I think Rael was very nice to volunteer to help since there were four adults as well as a couple other kids from the playground also joining in the hide and seek fun (ok, we took over the park with the game).

So here is Katherine and Connor hiding behind the barely discernible hill (especially in this photo) in the park. There's a park kid already trying for base. I was standing sideways behind a large tree (it was large enough to hide me - pretty old tree you got there).



And then everyone's off and running to base while I'm still standing still and hiding. I think this time I was tagged 'it.'


Next is Katherine and me with a self shot. I snuck up behind her and then said "Say cheese!"



Not too bad for a surprise pic, eh? With rumblings and rain, we were chased from the park to the safety of their house. Luckily the rain only lasted some minutes and then we were off to my birthday lunch with another self shot...


And one with Dan included. And then the entire family :D Nice artwork on the wall, eh?


But that's not all! No, no siree! I have a few of our Pennsic trip as well, but not nearly as many as I took on my birthday, unfortunately so... But here is one of the first sightings of the campsite while we were still on the highway, about five minutes after our first scent of campfire!



Here are all but one fighter from our Freehold encampment. They look so happy, no? I mean, going off to war and all that... I wonder how Uust (Josh, the guy in the blue shirt) will fight with two heads? That's Asgar (Dan) leaning in there ;)


There are a few others that I will add later, but there's not too many, sad to say. TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Not interested or too busy to comment? You can be anonymous, if that's your fun.
    xo Jen

    ReplyDelete