Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Whatever would posess...

...a person to cut ALL of their hair off in the middle of December. A person who lives in the Northern Hemisphere, with the recent average temperatures hovering around twenty degrees Fahrenheit? It's almost too cold to enjoy the snow. no snow packing activity is possible, but there is sledding! (Even though I have yet to do that with my children yet this year, sad as the case may be.) Not having entirely the appropraite gear to not feel the less than freezing temps is the main problem.

Fortuitously, my Secret Santa from work gives me this wonderful hat. It completely keeps me warm, is totally "my thing" in today's market/looks, and has allowed me to comfortably have short hair during the winter months. So...

I cut it off. I cut it all off. My hair is mostly gone. I actually think my hair is much shorter than two of my three make children. It's called something like a 'pixie cut,' but my cut just stands straight upward in the air. It waves, heck, it SHOUTS hellooo! Most likely, and I am hoping that, it is just the after shock from the difference from the weight of long hair to none with such shortness. See, it has been nearly a week since the haircut and the seemingly-shocked coif is *still* standing straight up. My awesome husband, being the wonderful person that he is, thinks it is great. He tells my I look "fey." In other words, other worldly or elfish or the like.
Too bad that the time I have been considering a hair cut (since Spring) does not factor into the amount of time it takes for the hair to adjust to the cut. If it doesn't calm down the slightest bit, I might just have to highlight it hot pink or something to compliment it. Hm. So: maybe you should look for pictures!

I might have just been better off with a trip to the tanning booth (I know, god forbid!). However, this might be the first time I am having a serious bout of seasonal affective disorder or something...

3 comments:

  1. So, where is a pic? Don't leave me hanging!!!
    It's probably standing up more so because of the static electricity up there in the dry, dry air...

    Ironically here I am in humid, hot, hot, did I say hot (?) (o.k. wamr/cool this time of year...) and sunny land and I am growing my hair long...

    Can't wait to see the pic!! I love short hair!

    An elf just in time for Christmas! OK that's corny...

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for a pic..... at this rate, it will be all grown out before I(we) see it! ..in this digital era, there is no excuse!!!!!

    If not sending it means that you don't want to, then I can't take a hint!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK OK so I had to drive all the way to NY myself to see the haircut...and yes, it looks very good! Wouldn't it have been easier to just send me a pic? or post one???? (-;

    Or maybe it was juts better to see in person because then we our families could see each other!!! Ahh, it was your plan all along!!!

    ReplyDelete