Thursday, December 10, 2009

Boys and "Theatre"

We braved the wintry weather mix yesterday to go to see the Beauty and the Beast at the Cohoes Music Hall. It was a Rotary fundraiser event so we HAD to go with Dan's Dad (just joking). Dan did not go because he really doesn't like musicals, except Spamalot, that is.



There was this handy stage step that was ideal seating for munching the yummies that were offered pre-show as well as well as for a great photo-op!



The boys were able to meet Santa again. However, this time they just knew it was a Santa's "Helper" as it was getting closer to Christmas day and "his beard wasn't real." Gavin gave him a chocolate chip cookie because he might be too busy with the kids to eat. What a sweetie!



The boys especially liked seeing all the costumes of the players. It was a good time and I really enjoyed sharing a bit more of my history with my sons: How I did musicals in high school, traveled to NYC to see Broadway and off Broadway shows, inspecting the sets and costumes... I was practically in tears when the "Be our Guest" number was done! The energy was AMAZING and I loved it!!





The theater manager gave me his card and told me that in the future if the boys and I ever wanted to volunteer there (seating, handing out programs) then we could see the play for free and get to meet the cast afterward back stage!

So, apparently I may be a late-blooming or closet stage-junkie, who knows? :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Gavin looks quite dapper, debonair...what a little gentleman...an old soul perhaps I think...Tell him he looks charming!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love musicals. Call me cheesy, call me a geek, I don't care. The energy you speak of can be felt during a good show, and it's been too long since I've witnessed that.

    ReplyDelete