Monday, January 12, 2009

full moon weekend at work - with snow!

More snow for the crazy full-moon weekend drive home from work! (Phew, can I fit another adjective in there? ) The great thing about it snowing all of the time, the snow banks are always pretty white. Even after a forty hour weekend, driving 10mph slower, arriving 15 minutes later than usual, seeing the ski mountain lights through the haze of snow, it was a very beautiful drive home.

Yes, we received more snow, foks, but I mentioned that already, eh? I believe that, in my estimation, my car roof's 24 hour period accumulation of snow was at least five inches, most likely a bit more. Even with the clouds and snow falling, the brightness of the full moon was amazing! No flashlights needed outdoors - you know, just in case you are walking around outside in a snowstorm in the middle of the night...

How I chuckle when I think that the god of snow (weather?) tries to see how much snow I can enjoy, and he will never learn a limit! (Weird, went off in my viking persona there. That would definitely be a funny thing to say at an sca campfire or feast table ;)


PS I went to Valdimarr's shop earlier tonight before work and was able to use the dremel on some bone discs. I am quite pleased with the results!! :) Next Sunday I get to scrimshaw with an air compressed run carving needles. I love my life!

PSS next soap project: buttermilk and honey! Remember to not eat it!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment