Friday, October 17, 2008

Ok I will heed the masses... er, two people ;)

This is dedicated to my fans out there... Joe and Kathleen, both family and friend :)
Rael's heart-attack-on-a-plate-face whilst at Hampton Beach. Last meal before we left...


Yep, we were already packed away in the car. All we needed was to get our (as in Dan and my) perfectly-fried, last-time-of-the-season-getting-really-fresh-seafood-on-the-boardwalk "fix."

Gee, there seems to be lots of those hyphenated sayings going on here. What the-! lol



Below is a crew of kids, eh? That is actually missing two more kids! These are friends/children of friends who we met whilst living in the mountains north of our current residential location. Wow, I guess you *are* a product of your parents- that was totally my dad just then!
Anyway, these lovely people we see at least yearly when we visit the beach, as they have since moved to NH and then ME (and about to become MA) that is about only 45 minutes from where we usually stay. It is nice to see them whenever we do - as it is wonderful to see any friend after a long time between visits...

I have great photos of each of these very same children (or more) holding a sword, standing with a pirate, poised for a photo-op pour moi, all the while out in front of a seafood store, too. Go figger, uhya.



This is Rael, Ellie, Connor, Gavin and Tate all about five minutes after being given a super large lollipop from a salt water taffy store on the boardwalk... Looks like trouble, huh? :D Apparently the day on the beach did not wear out these guys the least little bit!

11 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad to see you haven't given up blogging just yet! ;) I was beginning to wonder though... but Kathleen and I can always communicate [via your page] during your lapse, so it's not a total loss ;P

    I'm off to Gettysburg next week to do some ghost-hunting around the battlefield, and hopefully I'll catch something on film while there. I'll also be staying at an inn reputed to be one of the most haunted in the area [it was built in 1797]. Will let ya know if I have any stories/encounters to tell of! :D

    Joe-A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that while I am off being very busy no one is worrying... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, I have heard some audio recordings from graveyards and stuff ...doctored, who knows...but erie (sp?) (some truly haunting (to the mind that is, not meant as a pun)) to hear nonetheless...

    Don't get possessed...you have to be careful about what kind of energy you draw to yourself!

    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

    What are you guys going to be for Halloween?
    ...Sharon wants to be a monster truck! For a day it was rocket boy, but most consistently a monster truck. Yee-haaa! All boy!!!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends of ours from upstae (ok, Joe, *further* upstate ;) went to Gettysburgh years ago. While walking around at one particular place, they smelled gunpowder, and heard a shout for help... After searching around for many minutes, there was no one - except the three of them in the middle of the field, duh duh duuuhhh! ALONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there will be a good chance of experiencing some sort of paranormal activity while there (at least I'm hoping so :) ). I will also be doing a walk around reported haunted sites during the evening, so that should (hopefully) be more conducive for spiritual activity :D

    I'll try not to bring anything back with me, Kath ;P

    I'm off to Central Park on this beautiful Autumn day to take some pictures of the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. St.Augustine being the oldest continuously inhabited (sp?) city in the U.S. has many ghost tours. Supposively one of the parks near our house (which Sharon often plays in) is haunted by two little girls... but I have never felt or seen anything....

    I'm a.o.k. with that...

    we lived in a very haunted house in Delarae and it got very uncomfortable. People would visit us, we wouldn't forewarn them/bias them and they would complain of seeing stuff/getting messed with.... Honestly, it was very creepy and we were glad to leave when we did!

    K

    BTW I LOVE HALLOWEEN. I think it's my favorite holiday.

    Anyway, trick-or-treat to all and to all a not-too-spooky night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delarae...Delaware... same thing...(-;

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's too bad I will never enter the state of Florida again, because I really would like to visit the St. Augustine Lighthouse, which is supposedly VERY haunted. Fortunately there are enough haunts throughout the rest of the world that can keep me occupied ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never experienced anything here, but perhaps the spirits save paranormal activity for visitors... why waste it on the locals? :)

    I am pretty sure that a house we looked when we first moved here (half an hour north of Gettysburg) was a portal to hell. Serious. Not kidding. Glad the deal fell through.

    If you give the kids enough sugar, they'll eventually crash. You just have to ride out the peak waves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jen,


    The children all look so big already!! The last time we saw each other, they weren't born yet....

    Steven
    Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stephen! We'll get to see you and your children in 2010. We'll see how big the boys are then!! They already eat as much as I do at a meal... Amazing since they do not weigh as much as me combined!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete