Monday, May 17, 2010

the reason why

...I haven't been online sooner is: (( drum roll please (but it's not as interesting as that, really)))

We had no computer able to get online, so we canceled our internet service! Although we would have been online again sooner if it was not for a fractured right thumb. The narcotics to relieve pain were not helpful in reminding to get the computer repaired or a new one purchased. It was broken stick fighting.

It is easier to list the things that I CAN do without my right hand: I can walk around and use the toilet, although even THAT was problematic until I purchased pants that have stretchy waistbands. Three days of asking my husband to zip and button or tie my pants after using the bathroom. And slip on shoes became a must as well. When you have to ask your children to tie your shoes every hour or so, it gets old fast.

It IS getting easier as the shock of the loss of all my hobbies and Spring planting plans were immediately put to the wayside. Our Autumn plans to travel also might be postponed until Spring of next year.

The fracture of my hand required not only a cast, but percutaneous pinning to fix. I get the pins pulled this coming Friday, I hope. And then another three to four weeks with another cast or stiff brace -- I might be able to take a real shower before the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment