Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy birthday Gavin!

So my youngest is seven years old. Wow! Where does the time go?
All day he was W I R E D.

He could have had anything for breakfast, we had said as much, and he chooses cereal, even after Dan and I had explained that he could have ANYTHING for breakfast as the birthday boy! (He usually has toast and an egg). So for lunch, he chooses chocolate chip pancakes! That's better, birthday boy! :)

I don't have too many pictures of the day, too busy talking and having fun. I do wish I had snapped at least one of the "blob" pinata that we made...

That's a Frozen Dreams ice cream cake there. Gavin picked the layers' flavors: chocolate and strawberry cheesecake ice cream!

He got a 'real' soldier shirt and hat as well as a real Army ammunition box - he's got the soldier thing going on constantly in his play lately. He also got a water gun that squirts some neon day-glo green gel, and another Nerf projectile shooter that he loves. Actually, all three of my boys are ready and waiting for their turn on these toy guns!

We're singing "Happy birthday."

He was so embarrassed to be the center of attention! (Connor is trying to get him up from behind the table to blow out the candles.)

Aw, he sure is growing up!


Glad that you had a great day from start to finish, my little man!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Gavin! Mmmmmmmm.... ice cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Gavin!! Oh, I miss you guys! I keep meaning to call you, and was going to call yesterday, and then saw your post that you were leaving already for Panteria. Sounds like Gavin had a wonderful birthday. He sure if growing up.

    ReplyDelete